The taste of the extreme
The Dakar is a rally raid made up of 12 stages that takes place in Latin America, but first and foremost, it is an incomparable human adventure.
Its history has been built in the world’s finest deserts with men and women from all horizons, taking on one of the hardest sporting challenges of our era.
A competition of extremes and an orienteering race, the Dakar brings together the leading rally raid riders and drivers, as well as amateur competitors who come to fulfil their dream, experience an adventure and meet the biggest challenge of their life on a bike, on a quad, in a car or in a truck. Over the last 40 years, each year 500 adventurers from more than 60 nationalities have come together for 15 days of a unique competition on which extraordinary feats of human endeavour are played out.
The biggest rally-raid in the world
- +500 competitors 60 nationalities
- 10 000 km to cover per edition
- 10th edition in South America
- 15 days of racing
- 40th edition
- 2nd biggest motor racing event in the world
- More than 4 million spectators on the route
- 26 % of new participations
- 501 competitors at the start
An extraordinary media interest
- 1,200 hours of total TV coverage
- 70 TV networks broadcasting the rally in 190 countries
- 1,460 accredited journalists on the rally
An eco-responsible event
- A course designed in collaboration with the local authorities in each country
- Selective sorting and waste treatment programme with local authorities
- 100 tons of waste collected then recycled on the Dakar bivouacs, with 58 coming from “Punto Verde”